About Emily Knapp, LPC
I have a passion for helping others achieve the best version of themselves. Taking the first step to become a happier person can be a daunting task. I want to reassure you that you are not alone. We will work together to rebuild relationships, overcome anxieties, fears, and negative behaviors.
As a Northern Michigan native, I am proud of our community. I am familiar with many local resources that can help you succeed in the areas you need.
I earned my Masters in Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology from Western Michigan University, specializing with ages K-12th grade. As a Licensed Professional Counselor with the state of Michigan, I will strive to help you, your child or your marriage in any way I can to assure a happy and healthy life going forward.
- School: Western Michigan University
- Degree: M.A. in Counselor Education and Counseling Psychology
- Year Graduated: 2010
- License No. and State: 6401012468 Michigan
- 9+ years experience counseling/social services
Training & Professional Organizations:
- Secretary (2014 – 2017) – Licensed Professional Counselors of Northern Michigan
- Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents: Recognizing & Treating the Emerging Epidemic 2016
- Darkness To Light: Stewards of Children
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training 2015
- Michigan Chapter of the National Children’s Alliance CAC/MDT Conference
- Child & Family Services- Trauma Training 2014
- Internship- Leland Public School & Traverse City Central High School